The Advisor-Pharmaceutical Support and Supply Chain is a self-motivated individual who will
be responsible for providing oversight and technical leadership for pharmaceutical support and
supply chain services for C3HP at the regional/district and all supported facilities. S/he main
objective is to guarantee the technical performance of the C3HP pharmaceutical support and
supply chain services and ensuring uninterrupted availability of health commodities in the
respective region. She/he will be working with and providing substantive and technical
direction and assistance to other regional staff at supported region and will work in close
collaboration with the respective regional and district level health management teams and C3HP
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for ensuring that C3HP respective region meets national standard for health
commodities supply chain management by: Conduct regular need assessment on
pharmaceutical and supply chain service provision and and organize efforts to address
these needs -; including areas of capacity building and health system strengthening – in
collaboration with the R/CHMT. o Ensuring all supported facilities have all required
LMIS tools for health commodities record
1. LMIS tools for health commodities record keeping and reporting. o Ensuring supply
chain data reported in eLMIS and Pharmacy Module Database/CTC3 Macro by
supported facilities are of high quality. o Working with R/CHMT to track and report
regional performance on the national supply chain key performance indicators and
conduct quarterly supply chain DQA to all supported facilities.
2. Ensures uninterrupted supply in HIV/TB and related commodities at all C3HP supported
sites by: o Annual forecasting of needs in HIV/TB and related commodities including lab supplies for each single site/district during planning. o Ensuring that each single
site/district has appropriate buffer stock off all HIV/TB and related commodities
including lab reagents and consumables and o In collaboration with R/CHMT, he/she will
support redistribution of health commodities to ensure continuum of care and avoid
wastage/pileups. o Providing technical assistance to Regional/district pharmacists in
reporting and ordering of ARVS, TB medicines and related commodities from the MSD.
3. Ensuring that technical procedures for procurement, distribution and dispensation are
respected at all sites according to the standard. operating procedures. o Keep track of
drug flow between stores and C3HP supported sites and continuously update and educate
site staff on procedures.
4. Keep track of drug flow between stores and C3HP supported sites and continuously
update and educate site staff on developments and issues related to new drug
formulations, national and zonal ARV and Ol drugs stocks update.
5. Provide TA to C3HP supported facilities to maintain the inventory of medicines and
laboratory supplies and they submit their Report and Request forms to MSD timely for
resupply of health commodities.
6. Make sure that all dispensing rooms at all supported facilities have the necessary
infrastructure and are able to function efficiently.
7. Assist R/CHMTS members to conduct medicine audit to increase accountability on
health commodities and proper documentation. 3. Support implementation of IMPACT
teams’ activities in the respective regions.
8. Oversee and ensure efficient management of regional project expenditure and other
resources as per approved work-plan and budget.
9. Ensure timely collection and submission of Supply Chain data services data as well as
support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
10.Lead efforts to robustly analyze and utilize supply chain data services data to inform
regional plans, priorities and resource allocation priorities and resource allocation.
11.Lead efforts to identify gaps in pharmaceutical and supply chain services provision,
design and implement Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) initiatives to address the
gaps identified.12.Preparing quarterly and annual narrative reports to be submitted to key stakeholders.
13.Support and advise the line manager on all Pharmaceutical and supply chain issues and
perform other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. Degree in Pharmacy or its equivalent.
2. Experience in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL), Data Analysis, Interpretation,
Utilization, CQI and Operational research in the pharmaceutical and supply chain
3. Ability to work and deliver under pressure and tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
6. Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills.
4. Fluency in both written and spoken English and Swahili Languages.
5. Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
6. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and strong problem-solving
7. Ability to travel to implementation districts a minimum of 80% of time.
How to Apply: –
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application
letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position,
daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of two referees.
To be considered, your application must be received not later than 16.30 HOURS January 28,
The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are
applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not be
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to:
NB: Baadhi ya Ajira zinawekwa na waajiri, kuwa makini husitoe pesa kupata Kazi
Report injustice👉 Contact us
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org