Vacancy Notice Number IOM/DDM/004/2022
Position title Driver
Position grade G2
Duty station Dodoma, United Republic of Tanzania
Type of Appointment & Durations SST-6 Months with possibility of extension
Job family Support Unit
Organizational unit Resource Management Unit
Position rated on N/A
Reports directly to Procurement & Logistics Officer
Overall supervision by Programme Coordinator
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
Under the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer the incumbent
will be responsible for driving vehicles to shipment personons and goods authorized by
IOM, from one destination to another as scheduled in safe and cost-effective
manner. The incumbent will perform the following essential functions:
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive IOM assigned vehicle(s).
- Keep the safety of passengers, cargo and vehicle and observe traffic
rules and road discipline.
- Perform the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure
roadworthiness. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan
belt, battery, and enduring the cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Make weekly reports on vehicle status and share with the Supervisor.
Report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the vehicle that require
immediate attention to the Supervisor. Assist the Supervisor in planning
and control of (regular) services.
- Dispatch and collection of official documents and mail.
- Complete Communication Equipment Checklists I.e., radio, cell phone,
walkie/talkie, other equipment.
- In case of accident, endure supervisors are informed and a police report
- Esture proper authorized use of IOM vehicles through accurate
maintenance of daily vehicle logs and report to supervisor if
- Check daily status and availability of spares, jack and tools and perform
minor repairs to the vehicle, change tires, refuel the vehicle as always
required and endure cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Ensure that, the IOM vehicle(s) are only used for official/authorized
business and report to supervisor if unauthorized incident (s) took place.
- Return keys for safeguarding at the end of the shift or hand over to the
- Prepare monthly and annual fuel reports, maintenance reports and
personal mileages reports for IOM vehicles in Dodoma and verify that
IOM cars are used for official trips only.
- May be required to work night/weekend shifts and on a regular basis.
- Perform other duties as may be required by Supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Secondary School Diploma, Minimum 2 (Two) Years of experience
• Must possess valid driving license for driving Public Service Vehicles
• Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and repairs
• Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations
(specify the required knowledge) Desirable
Fluency in both written and
speken, English and Swahili
English and Swahili
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and
• Establishes strong relationships with colleagues and partners;
relates well to people at all levels.
• Is fully aware of the team purpose, respects and understands
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter
indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to
The vacancy is opened for Tanzanian national only.
Only email applications will be considered.
More new jobs
- Warehouse operations jobs in Tanzania at Kuehne+ Nager
- Customer services at Ney Microfinance, job posting sites
- Call for interview (Anwani za makazi) job posting sites
- Chefs at Asilia Lodge and Camp, job posting sites
- Imports Officer jobs in Tanzania at Total energies
- Accountant Jobs in Tanzania at Biharamulo Mine
- Guidance in selecting Good insurance company
Thank you for choosing chapchapu jobs, please register so that to be notified for more news jobs uploaded by us every day
To apply for this job please visit chapchapu.com.