Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited (AMBT) is a Microfinance Bank with very strong international shareholders
such as access holding, International Finance Corporation, KfW, African Development Bank and micro vest. AMBT’s vision
is to be committed to the development of financial systems that support social progress by rendering services to all people
with the same ambition for excellence and quality.
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania Limited is offering excellent long-term career development opportunities for
experienced and highly motivated professional applicants. In order to support our expansion process, we are looking
forward to recruit self a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our IT department in the position of
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, deploy, configure and maintain servers, administrative responsibility for all servers in the Bank
- Execute a high quality, risks based audits of technology infrastructure, information security, and business applications
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Install new servers and rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories,
storage, upgrades etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Ensuring all the necessary server configurations are clearly and properly documented and all changes in server
configuration are immediately reflecting in the documentations
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print
services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture
components work together seamlessly.
- Plan and execute disaster recovery and normal recovery procedures, visual control of hardware equipment – ensure
uptime of server
- Maintain and update system, backup and patch procedure documentation
- Anticipates Server down times through proactive analysis of logging data so as to ensure there is very minimal server
- Advise on the server hardware and software specifications during the procurement process
- Monitor logging data and report system operating figures and irregularities regularly – communicate system or
network events, troubleshoots problems and issues and escalate within organization
- Install and manage data center racking, cabling, power, servers and storage devices (RAID)
- Design server resources concept and create lifecycle plan for servers and ensuring server replacements are done in
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of antivirus servers and ensuring proper distribution and regular
antivirus updates on all AMBT servers
- Installation and configuration of virtualization environment in Primary and DR Site
- Plan and configure appliance-based firewalls
- Plan detailed concept of LAN/WAN for all bank locations via connect to ISP
- Support administrative functions of the Head of Infrastructure and technical functions for systems administrator
- Ensuring preventive maintenance plan schedule for all the servers in the Bank does exist and is timely implemented
- Interact with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical
More new jobs
- New Jobs at Tanga Cement PLC, job posting sites
- Assistant Nutrition Jobs in Tanzania at WPF
- Plumbing Maintenance Jobs in Tanzania at US Embassy
- New Jobs Opportunities Tanzania Breweries, job posting sites
- Customer Experience at Qatar Air Ways, Job posting sites
- Looking for housekeeping Jobs in tanzania
- Gas plant operator jobs in Tanzania at Lodhia Steel Industries
- Finance officerJobs in Tanzania at pan Africa Energy
- Call for Work (Anwani za Makazi), job posting sites
- Looking for housekeeping Jobs in tanzania
- HR Assistant Jobs in Tanzania at Lodhia Steel Industries
- Guidance in selecting Good insurance com
- Degree in information technology, computer science or comparable qualification
- At least 3 years of professional experience in an operational IT role as a Server administrator
- IT certifications in Microsoft, Linux e.g. Microsoft Certified Professional, CompTIA Linux+ is required. N+, MCSA will
be added advantage.
- Server administration (modern MS Windows server (hardware, operation system, MS Office, network connections),
patch management, scripting, user administration including Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
- Linux server administration e.g. Ubuntu, CentOS
Working knowledge of virtualization, Hyper V, VMware or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Active Directory Network environment, GPO, DNS and DHCP
- IT security tools and methods (firewalls, VPN, TCP/IP) and experienced with appliances based firewalls e.g. Sophos,
- Backup and recovery procedures (my sale database server, operating systems)
- Problem solving, analytical and process oriented
- Disciplined approach towards daily operations and documentation
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and orally in English
- Willingness to travel to bank branches throughout the country for installation and administration of server
- Effective leadership of employees and providers
- Basic knowledge of network and routing protocols
Mode of application
Please send your application letter and CV by email to
Certificates and other relevant documents
will only be required during the interview. Application letters should explain why you fit for this position.
The deadline for applying to this position is 18
th of March, 2022.
Access Microfinance Bank Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job please visit chapchapu.com.